We know Samsung Galaxy S6 users are not expecting Android 5.1.1. In the world where Android Marshmallow update is coming straight to variates of smartphone, so Android 5.1.1 coming to Samsung Galaxy S6 may sound somehow.
Nevertheless, Samsung Galaxy S6 just received a new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update and it is probably the finally Android Lollipop update on the Galaxy S6 before Android Marshmallow update will be pushed to the device.
The new Android 5.1.1 update for Samsung Galaxy S6 comes with a new feature that have not been on the device before now, and that is Samsung pay.
The new Android 5.1.1 for Samsung Galaxy S6 is being roll put in phases, which implies that it may take few days before it comes to your device and the update is OTA.
But if you can’t wait for auto push out of Android 5.1.1 to your Samsung Galaxy S6 by Samsung, you can check for the update manually. The new update build number is G890AUCU3BOJE.
What To Do Before Updating Your Samsung Galaxy S6 To Android 5.1.1
According to Samsung, endeavour to do the following before updating your Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android 5.1.1.
- The battery should be charged to 50% or higher.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi® network to avoid unnecessary data charges.
- Ensure there is available storage space on the device memory. The space required will be determined by the update.
- Use a Samsung USB cable.
- Back up your data using Samsung Smart Switch™.
During the update, we recommend the following:
- Please do not use the device or press any keys.
- Do not remove the battery.
- Do not turn off the device.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable until the update is complete.
Have you updated your Samsung Galaxy S6 OS to Android 5.1.1? Hope you are enjoying the new Samsung pay?