Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 is a new flagship processor that was announced back in August. The new Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor will henceforth powers all flagship devices. As mentioned by Qualcomm, Snapdragon 820 is one of the best cutting edge flagship device ever that was created with X12 LTE supports ultimate in connectivity, photography, nice graphics and battery efficiency.
Qualcomm Snapdragon Specifications
- CPU: Up to 2.2 GHz quad-core (Quad-core custom 64-bit Qualcomm Kryo)
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 530 GPU, Up to OpenGL ES 3.1+
- DSP: Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP
- Camera: Up to 25 MP, Qualcomm Spectra Image Sensor Processor (14-bit dual-ISP)
- Video: Up to 4K Ultra HD capture and playback, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC)
- Display: 4K Ultra HD on-device, 4K Ultra HD output and 1080p and 4K external display support
- Charging: Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qualcomm WiPower wireless charging
- LTE Connectivity:
- Snapdragon X12 LTE with Global Mode
- LTE Cat 12/13 (up to 600 Mbps DL 150 Mbps UL)
- Up to 600 Mbps, 256-QAM DL
- Up to 150 Mbps UL, 64-QAM UL
- Carrier Aggregation: 3x20MHz DL, 2X20MHz UL
- Global Mode
- LTE FDD and TDD
- WCDMA (DB-DC-HSDPA, DC-HSUPA)
- EV-DO and CDMA 1x
- Additional features include:
- LTE/Wi-FI link aggregation
- LTE Broadcast
- LTE Dual SIM, Dual Active (DSDA)
- HD Voice over 3G and VoLTE
- Wi-Fi calling with LTE call continuity
- Wi-Fi: Qualcomm VIVE 802.11ac, 2×2 MU-MIMO, Tri-band Wi-Fi
- RF: Qualcomm RF360 front end solution
- Location: Qualcomm IZat Gen8C
- Improved LTE connection: Supporting LTE Category 12 download speeds of up to 600 Mbps, and LTE Category 13 uplink speeds of up to 150 Mbps, the Snapdragon 820 processor with X12 LTE supports 33% faster peak download speeds, and triple the peak upload speeds of Snapdragon 810 processor with X10 LTE.
- Wi-Fi: Snapdragon 820 supports both 802.11ad and 802.11ac 2×2 MU-MIMO — which allows Wi-Fi to be up to 2x or 3x faster than 802.11ac without MU-MIMO.
- CPU and GPU: It is a custom-designed 64-bit quad-core CPU, the Kryo CPU uses Qualcomm Symphony System Manager as an intelligent resource management tool for Snapdragon that extends control of task scheduling and power management across the entire processor. The Hexagon 680 DSP allows for ultra-low power “always-on” sensors and advanced low power-image processing. The Adreno 530 GPU delivers up to 40% improvement to graphics performance and compute capabilities when compared to the Adreno 430.
- Quick Charge: Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, users can spend less time charging and more time doing. Quick Charge 3.0 is 4x faster than conventional charging and 38% more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0
- Spectra Camera ISP: Supported by the latest 14-bit image sensors, hybrid autofocus and multi-sensor fusion algorithms, the Spectra camera ISP captures a wider range of colors and supports computational photography. It supports cameras upto 25MP.
Henceforth, if you are buying a flagship device as from 2016, it will be proudly powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820.