Android Marshmallow update rolling out to Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra has caused a lot of controversial issues and Xperia Z1 variants users are doubting whether Android Marshmallow will be finally rolled out to these aforementioned Xperia.
We have covered that Android Marshmallow update will be rolling out to Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 compact and Sony Xperia ultra but before now, Google has no intention of rolling Android Marshmallow update to this device, but perhaps it was as a result of the petitioned file against this new OS via with over 500 supporters that finally brought Android Marshmallow update to Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 compact and Sony Xperia Z1 Ultra.
Below is an overview of the petition against Android Marshmallow update.
Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact is still one of the best smartphones on the market. Only this XPERIA from Sony Mobile Compact line has metal body, so many people still love it and use it. 2.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 Quad Core and 2 GB RAM are enough for Android 6.0 Marshmallow. And it is less than two years from time, when Sony Mobile Company launch this luxury phone. It has very similar specification to XPERIA Z2, which get upgrade to new Android operating system and thanks to lower display resolution (in XPERIA Z1 Compact) can Android 6.0 Marshmallow run pretty good in our smartphone. There is no reason (except business) to no upgrade for this phone… Share it, sign it and Sony Mobile company will change it.
With this being said and supported by many, Android Marshmallow has finally rolled out for the said Xperia Z1, Z1 compact and Ultra Z.
It is obvious that this is a good news to all Xperia users, since they can now update their device to the latest Android Marshmallow via ASOP ROM.
Download Android Marshmallow ASOP ROM For Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact And Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
Following the link below, you can download your Sony xperia Android Marshmallow ASOP ROM.
Once you are done downloading your device Marshmallow ASOP ROM, you need to download the following as well.
Things To Do Before Installing Android Marshmallow On Your Sony Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact And Xperia Z Ultra.
There is no need to rush things, just follow the steps one after the other and you will have a successful ending. Below are things to first take note before you start installing this new OS on your device.
- Make sure your device is one of the aforementioned Xperia devices.
- Make sure your Xperia device is at least 70% charge or more to avoid interruption during installation.
- It is important for you to backup your device in case you mess things up yourself or your device shut down all of a sudden.
- Verify your USB functionality and enable debugging
- Try to root your device with CWM recovery.
How To Install Android Marshmallow OS On Your Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact And Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
Below is the complete step to install Android Marshmallow update on your Sony Xperia mentioned above via ASOP ROM.
1. Download marshmallow ASOP ROM and Google apps (Gapps) from the link above.
2. Create a new folder and name it update6. The copy these files to it ‘, , and
3. Connect your Sony Xperia to your PC and copy the downloaded Gapps file to it and then disconnect it from your PC.
4. Boot your device to bootloader by pressing appropriate key together or use Android Quick bootloader app.
5. Go to the new folder you created ‘update6′ and launch the command window from the folder (see how below)
Inside the said folder, press and hold shift key and then right click on an empty space and from the pop up, select open command windows are required.
6. Now, run the following command sequentially to install Android Marshmallow on your Sony Xperia.
fastboot flash boot
fastboot flash cache
fastboot flash system
fastboot flash userdata
Now, wait until your device is done booting and your Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and Sony Xperia Ultra Z should start running Android Marshmallow OS
This is a simple method you can use to install Android Marshmallow on your Sony Xperia Z1 or Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and or Sony Xperia Z Ultra.
Have you installed Android Marshmallow OS on your Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and Sony Xperia Z Ultra?