With CM13 ROM unofficial, you can enjoy Android Marshmallow OS on your Samsung Galaxy S4. If you are in the spirit of wanting to take your Samsung Galaxy S4 from Android Lollipop to Android Marshmallow, then here is an unofficial way of running Android Marshmallow on Samaung Galaxy S4.
The CM13 ROM is unofficial but it lets you install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 and say goodbye to Android Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S4. The CM13 ROM work of the following Samsung Galaxy S4 variants (GT-i9505, GT-i9500, GT-i9505 and GT-i9505G). If you are using any of this S4 model, then you will be able to install Android Marshmallow on it using a recovery ROM.
How To Install Android Marshmallow On Samsung Galaxy S4.
Disclaimer: This trick is unofficial and I’m in no way responsible for any mess the process might caused your phone. So, you are following this process to install Android Marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy S4 at your detriment since it is unofficial.
1. Download Samsung Galaxy USB driver and make sure your device is fully charged, at least 75% charged.
3. Download CM13 Gapps
4. Download CM13 for Android Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S4
I believed you have downloaded all the necessary criteria to install Android Marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Process Of Install Android Marshmallow On Samsung Galaxy S4 Using CM13 ROM
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your PC and copy & paste both ROMS downloaded and Google Gapps app to your S4 memory card.
2. Boot your Samsung Galaxy S4 into TWRP recovery mode
3. Once you are in TWRP page, create a back up of your device so that you will be able to restore it if you mess things up.
4. Once you are done backing up your device, swipe to the right and begin the wiping off process.
5 After that, choose install and navigate to the location where you copied those ROM zip to, to select it.
6. Swipe to start new ROM installation and the follow the same procedure to install Google Gapps app.
7. Once the installation process is completed, reboot your device and your device will start running Android Marshmallow.
Note that since you are just installing Android Marshmallow on your Samaung Galaxy S4 for the first time, it might take a while before it boots, just wait and let the booting complete. It might take up to 10 minutes, just exercise patient.