I guess you can’t wait to run Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your HTC M7. Android Marshmallow OS isn’t bad OS at all. To run it on HTC M7 is one of the greatest OS experience you can have on HTC M7. Even BlackBerry is diving into testing Android OS now, see Android Lollipop 5.1.1 on BlackBerry Priv, also the BlackBerry Priv is set to upgrade BlackBerry Priv to Android Marshmallow come next year.
If you have waited patiently enough for Android Marshmallow update news on HTC M7 and it fails to come, then here is the good news on Android Marshmallow, coming live to HTC M7.
Android Lollipop is a lesser better version of Android Marshmallow, so if you have been using Android Lollipop running device, then you must be very nervous about Android Marshmallow as well.
Well, as at this time, there is no official update concerning Android Marshmallow coming to HTC M7 but, you can start using the Android M on your HTC M7 if you are patient enough to follow this simple and complete guide on how to update HTC M7 to Android Marshmallow.
What we are set to do is to flash CM13 ROM on your HTC M7. The CM13 ROM does not only support the international variants of this device, it also goes well for T-Mobile and AT&T.
Note: CM13 ROM being in Beta status, there are some of your device features that may gets sucked after you have pushed Android Marshmallow on your HTC M7 device. Features such as Camera, Microphone and calls.
If you don’t care about this defect, and you are ready to try the Android Marshmallow update on your HTC M7, then you can keep reading and implement the guide on your device.
For you to be able to install Android Marshmallow on your HTC using CM13 custom ROM, your device OS must be at least KitKat 4.2.2 firmware with latest custom ROM.
At the same time, do not forget to back up your device on external drive.
Note: Thegeekiepedia and it admin are not responsible for any damage this manual installation can cause your device since it is in beta version.
I guest you have successfully downloaded the three files above? If yes, then you are good to go.
1. Copy all the zip files into your device external memory (MicroSD)
2. Boot your HTC M7 into a recovery mode.
- Press and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously.
- Hold down the volume down button while you let go of your power key
- Your device will boot into recovery mode/bootloader mode
- Use your volume button to navigate to recovery mode and use power button to select.
3. While in the recovery mode, create a Nandroid back up of your device. From recovery mode, do your phone back up and move to the bottom of the page to confirm your alteration.
4. Wipe all the data on your HTC M7. From wipe, select Advance, then select Dalvik Cache and then to System Data and Cache.
5. Go back to your Bootloader/recovery mode menu. Click on install and select the folder where you copied and paste the zip files.
6. Select CM13 ROM and install in on your device and confirm the process
7. Repeat the same installation process for Google Gapps
8. When you are done with Gapps installation, reboot your HTC M7
9. You will either be S-OFF or S-ON.
10. If your are S-OFF, skip the next step and if you are S-ON, proceeded.
- Reboot into bootloader mode
- Launch the CM13 ROM on your PC, and copy boot.img to your phone fastboot.
- Connected your HTC M7 to your PC, and open a command windows “cd” to your fastboot folder
- In the command prompt, copy and paste this or type it the way it is:
- fastboot flash boot
Follow by this:
- fastboot reboot
That is all you need to do to flash Android Marshmallow on your HTC M7 using CM13 ROM unofficial.
If however, you did S-OFF, just reboot your phone and start the CyanogenMod build.
For more information, you can follow up this thread