If you are installing ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery, you need to have root access before the installation of ClockworkMod and install it first before any other ROMs, most especially for Galaxy S2 GT-19100. Also, you can install ClockworkMod using Odin to flash CWM recovery but you need to have a better knowledge of what you are doing. In case you don’t have much knowledge about using Odin to flash CWM recovery, endeavour to take your time to watch some videos on Odin on YouTube.
A whole thread on Hovatek provide a simple and concise guide on how to install CWM recovery on your device and make use of the ClockworkMod even if your device ends up bricked. If your MTK device is bricked and you are yet to install CWM recovery on it, then you might find this post helpful.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery Manually
Step 1 : Extract Odin file using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2 : Switch off the device. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 3 : Launch Odin on the computer.
Step 4 : Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn blue with the COM port number.
Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Step 5 : In Odin, click the PDA button and select the cwm-recovery-.tar file.
Step 6 : Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option in Odin is not selected.
Step 7 : Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8 : Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
That’s it, ClockworkMod Recovery is now installed
How To Install ClockworkMod recovery on Bricked Android
With this guide, you will be able to install CWM recovery on MTK Android device with easy. To start with, you need the following tools.
- Download tool
- Download and install PdaNet on your PC
- Download boot.img for your MTK device
- Download recovery.img for your exact MTK device
- You need a PC to execute the task
Now that you have all the required tools at hand, let move at the speed of light to quickly install CWM recovery on your bricked Android MTK device. We have just 14 steps to have this done, so kindly pay total attention so that you will not miss out single step.
- Power off your MTK device and connect it to your PC
- Boot your bricked phone into the factory mode by press Volume up and the Power button simultaneously.
- Install the downloaded PdaNet on your PC and enable USB debugging on your connected device.
- Launch the MTK droid tool as well
- Right at the left, MTK Droid would display the phone details and at the bottom, you should find a yellow colour
- Click on the root button and accept all prompts if any.
- If done successfully, the yellow indication will turn to green instantly
- Click on root, backup and recovery tab
- Tick to install already prepared files and click on recovery and boot thereafter.
- In the first window that prompt, select boot.img for your device that I presumed you have downloaded
- In the second window that prompt, select ClockworkMod recovery image that you downloaded above
- Accept all prompt
- And finally, the bricked MTK phone should boot into ClockworkMod recovery if you follow the steps properly.
And now that you have successfully install ClockworkMod recovery on your bricked Android MTK device, you need to do flash stock ROM to finally revive your device.
How To Flash Stock ROM Using Smart Phone Flash Tool
The following guide provides step by step procedure to flash stock ROM using Smart phone flash tool on your computer.
- Download and install Android USB driver on your computer
- Switch off your phone and remove the battery (only if removable)
- Download the stock rom that you want to flash on your Android Smartphone and extract them on your computer.
- Download Smart phone flash tool and install them on your computer and the file contain about 39 items.
- Launch flash_tool.exe in the extracted file
- Once you have successfully launched the smart phone tool, click on the download tab.
- Hit the scatter-loading button
- On you stock rom, find MT6589_Android_Scatter_emmc.txt file and click on open
- After that, click on the download arrow button to start the flashing process
- If you phone battery is removable, remove it and connect the phone to your computer via USB cable. Then press volume down or Volume up button so that the computer can detect your connected phone.
- Once the flashing process is done, a Green Ring will appear
- You can now close the Smart Phone Tool and then disconnect your device from your computer
And now, you have successfully flash stock rom on your bricked Android Smartphone.