Android Lollipop 5.0 is the latest Android OS for now and we all love to upgrade when necessary. If your phone is not running on the latest Android OS, you might be thinking about the risk of upgrading to the latest one if your local network carrier is daunting but what if you have the privilege to test run this Android Lollipop 5.0 OS on your PC before taking a step to upgrade your phone to the OS, so that you can have a taste of how it looks like and see to the reason why you actually need to upgrade your device OS to the latest OS? Actually, that is what this tutorial is going to teach without keeping a point to itself.
To install Android Lollipop 5.0 on PC, it may be somehow tasky but the step is straight forward if you can do things on your own following simple instruction. Just like when we used to test mobile opera mini on PC in the past, the same thing can still be done to test Android Lollipop 5.0on PC with some Android Emulators such as Oracle VM VirtualBoX, VMware Virtualization, BlueStacks, Genymotion and so on. The cons associated with the use of this emulators is that– using Google store apps (Gmail, Google play store) on PC with either of this emulator is more or less impossible.
One of the philosophies of life is that, if by chance you discover a problem or loop hole somewhere, you should be able to provide a lasting solution to the problem one day as a result of your intuition, here we present to you the step by step procedure you can use to install Android Lollipop 5.0 on PC.
How To Install Android Lollipop 5.0On PC
To start with, you need some tools in order to be able to achieve your aim of installing Lollipop OS on PC. So, first and foremost download the following tools, I think four of them or so.
1. Genymotion Android Emulator
To be able to make Android Lollipop 5.0 work on PC, we need to install Genymotion Android emulator as the number one tool, so– go to Genymotion website, register as a user to be able to download it and then install it (keep your password and username save as it will be useful in future).
2. Oracle VM VirtualBox
Also, you need to download the Oracle VM VirtualBox, make sure you download the latest version available on the website .
3. Android Lollipop 5.05.0 – Google Apps
You need to download the prominent Google app. Hover to Essential Google apps to download Android Lollipop 5.05.0 Google apps, it’s in zip format and it contains Google apps such as Play store, YouTube, Gmail, Google+ etc
4. Android SDK
Before you can use SDK, you need ADB. So, download and unzip the Android SDK file
Android Lollipop 5.0 Installation Procedure On PC
Please pay more attention at this juncture so that you will not miss things together as it were.
Set Up Android Lollipop 5.0In Genymotion
This section covers a few step you must follow to install Genymotion successful on your PC before moving to the second section.
1. From the four tools you have downloaded above, install Gentmotion Android Emulator and Oracle VM VirtualBox. Run the Genymotion and login with your registered username and password (If you don’t take note of it, check your email or request for lost password from the site).
2. When you have successfully logged in, click on “Add a new virtual device“, from the drop down-menu, select a device with 5.0 API-21 and click on add. Note that, you don’t necessarily need to use the device we are adding, just select the device you wish to use and continue.
3. Scroll down and select next to proceed to the next step, the needed virtual image will start the downloading process, it may take a while depending on your network. In the virtual device name, enter the Android Lollipop 5.0 virtual device name.
4. When you are done with the downloading above, hit the finish button and now, the virtual device will be listed among your Genymotion device list. Then, run your created Android Lollipop 5.0 virtual device.
5. Navigate to the Genymotion settings, and set the ADB path which is your Android SDK folder which you have downloaded and extracted in the previous step.
6. Click on the play to start the virtual device you have created.
Installing Google Apps In Android Lollipop
The section will explain how to install your desire Google play app in Android Lollipop 5.0 on your PC and how to solve any issue pertaining to crash apps.
1. After successful loading, drag and drop the file “gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip“, the one you downloaded above into the Genymotion window, instantly it will start installing the Google apps. If it ask for your permission as an administrator before installation, don’t hesitate to confirm it.
2. When it has successful transferred the zip “gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip” into the Genymotion, it will ask you to flash the zip flash into its destination, then click “OK” to do just that.
3. After that, restart your virtual device thereafter.
4. And now, you have access to all Google play store apps
5. You may be experiencing some crash but this is a minor issue which is solvable. To solve the crash problem, login to Google play store with your Gmail account and either start to download another app or upgrade the existing ones.
This is a simple step-by-step procedure to install Android Lollipop 5.0 on PC without any itch.
If you have any problem doing this, please don’t hesitate to drop a line of comment to see whether we can be of help.