There is possibility that you have forgotten your Gmail account login details and that is why you are reading this post. You can easily open a new Gmail account if you can’t remember your Gmail account password but what would happen to the previous Gmail account?
If you don’t want to open a Gmail account when you can still retrieve your old Gmail account, then you will find this post a remarkable one.
One of the simplest things to do with Google service is how to open a fresh Gmail account. No techie knowledge is required for you to open a new Gmail account.
But much is expected of you when you mistakenly forget your password and you are now looking for a way to retrieve your Gmail account detail again.
Meanwhile, for you to be able to gain access to your Gmail if you can’t remember your details brought down to the details you filled the first time you created your Gmail account.
If you can still remember the details you used when you signed up for your Gmail account, then this post will guide you via the available various methods to retrieve your Gmail account login.
However, if you were able to sign in to you Gmail account after retrieving your account password, the next step will be for you change your Gmail account password to the one you can remember other than the one you chose when you were trying to retrieve the login details.
So, what are you going to learn about Gmail in this tutorial today? Basically, you will learn how to retrieve your Gmail account login details, change the new password to the one you can remember, change some of your associated details to an appropriate ones, and how to set a secure password for your Gmail account.
How to Retrieve Your Gmail Account Login Details
The fact that you forgot your Gmail account password and you now want to retrieve it means that you also own a valid Gmail account or that you want to help a victim to gain access to Gmail account back.
Before you can be so sure that you have forgotten your Gmail login, you will see the warning message in the image below when you tried to sign in to your Gmail.
The moment you are welcome with the message in the attachment above, it means that your Gmail login is not correct and you cannot sign in.
And the next thing will be how to recover your Gmail lost password. However, the tutorial below will teach you how to recover your Gmail login details on the go.
How to Retrieve You Lost Gmail Account Login
The above attachment is what you will see the moment you lost access to your Gmail sign in details. However, to gain your access back to your Gmail account kindly follow the steps below without skipping a single step.
1. Visit Google Gmail and made an attempt to login. Since you can’t remember your exact login details you will be taken to a new page where you will be asked whether you have forgotten you password. Just click on forget password and you will be taken to Gmail account help page.
2. You will asked to enter the login password you can remember, and since we don’t have the idea of the account login password, click on try a different question below the page.
3. Enter the mobile number you used during registration for text verification and if you no longer use the number, then click on try a different question below again
NOTE: If you can still remember the number you used at the point of registration, kindly enter and a code will be sent to retrieve your Gmail account login again.
4. The next tip is when you register your Gmail account. If you can remember it try to select the month and year and click next, otherwise click on try a different question.
5. If you still cannot find any of the above Gmail security questions, this next step might help if you have added a recovery mail to your Gmail account when you created it. Enter the Gmail account you added to your Gmail at the point of registration as recovery mail and Google will send your login details to you.
6. If you cannot remember your recovery email account, then click on try a different question for another suggestion to retrieve your Gmail account and you will see that, these are the 5 known and valid steps you can follow to regain your Gmail access details again.
However, in the section that follows we will consider each of the stage and see how you can use them to retrieve your Gmail password.
How to Retrieve Gmail Login Details Using Last Remembered Password
Under this section we walk you through how to retrieve a Gmail login password with the help of the last password you can remember.
1. Visit Google Gmail account and click on forget password as shown above
2. Enter the last password you can remember and click on next tab
3. You will be asked to click the push button to send prompt to login to your account. Then click on it.
4. A notification message will be sent to your the device you last login on. The hover down your phone notification message and click on sign in, then to your PC and click on the code display to sign.
With this step, you should be able to gain access to your Gmail account with lost password. If you still cannot use this method to retrieve your Gmail account login, try the next method.
How to Retrieve Gmail Account Login With Phone Number
This method is a little bit different from the above one. Yet, it is the best method I recommend for everyone because it’s stress free and easy to follow.
1. Visit Gmail account page as shown in the above steps and click on forget password. Then click on try a different question and you will taken to a page where you can retrieve you Gmail lost password with phone number or go through this page.
2. You may be prompt to enter your Gmail username, kindly enter it and on the next page enter your the phone number you used at the point of registration and click on send text message.
3. Google will send a code to the phone number, then write the code on a sheet of paper and type it soft to the space on the window that follows.
4. Now pick a new login password and then click on change password to change your Gmail password to the new one.
That is it. You have done it and you can do it again. This is exactly how to retrieve your Gmail account login if you forget your login password.
How to Retrieve Your Gmail Account Login with Security Question
At the point of registering your Gmail account, you were asked to enter a security question and the purpose of the security question is to help your retrieve your lost Gmail password. So, in this section we will consider how to open your Gmail account login.
1. Visit Google Gmail security password retrieval page and enter your security question
2. Then follow the on-screen guide to get a new password different from the password you entered when you created your Gmail account.
How to Recover Gmail Account Login using Recovery Mail
Some of us don’t appreciate the fact that Google gives room for us to retrieve our Gmail account password when we find it difficult to access our Gmail account. The usefulness of recovery Gmail at the point of registration is to help recover your password when you can’t remember it again.
1. If you decide you recover your Gmail lost login detail using this approach, head straight to Recovery mail page and enter your recovery mail at the point of registration.
2. Google will a mail to your Gmail recovery mail. Then, sign in to the recovery email account for guide on how to recover you Gmail account login details or just copy and past the code sent to the mail.
3. Login to the recovery mail and copy-paste the code the code needed for your Gmail account recovery.
4. On the next page, create a new password and confirm the new password for your account.
How to Recover You Lost Gmail Account Login Using Date of Registraion
If you can remember correct any of the above criteria to unlock your locked Gmail account, you should be able to find this helpful. Here in this section, we will use your date of registration to recover your lost gmail password account.
1. Visit this page for date of registration password recovery. And select your month of birth and year of birth respectively and then click on the next button.
2. If you guess correctly you will be taken to where you will be able to recover your lost Gmail password.
How to Recover Gmail Account Login Using Find my Account
Google mail find my account does the assignment very fast with just an option. When you try to use this approach, you will be prompt to only enter either your Gmail account or your mobile number. However, this is the simple way to go about it.
1. Visit Google find my account page and enter either you Gmail username or your mobile number at the point of registration.
2. On the new window, you will be asked to enter your First and Last name, then enter them softly and click on next.
3. The phone number you used at the point of registering your Gmail account will be displayed, and if correct just click on send text message for Google to forward a verification code to the number.
4. Enter the code on the window that follows and click on next button
5. And that is it, you will be taken to a page where you can choose a new password and login to your Gmail account.
Were you able to recover you lost Gmail account login details using this post? Leave us a comment please and if you have any question bothering you, you can comment below or refer to the Google Gmail answer page.